Kwality Shutters team is delighted to have had all their expectations met with resin, labour, and time savings along with improved laminate properties and following benefits
1) Thickness control.
2) Reduction of manpower by 50%.
3) Increased production rate by 2 times.
4) No scrap generation (like Infusion bag materials).
5) No problem or checking for leakage.
6) Ready to use setup.
7) Custom size can be manufactured.
8) Periodic maintenance & proper handling of silicon bag enhances the bag life. It took ECS team a day to make the reusable membrane by using Morph runner – a seamless built-in resin flow path within a silicon membrane that can be made to disappear after infusion and before cure which eliminates the need to remove hardened and wasteful resin flow channel. It allows the operator to control the resin feed to the mould switching it on and off at will. Silicon membrane eliminates the need for any flow mesh and release film with the added benefit of a much cleaner and more professional moulded back surface.
ECS being a technology partner shares the vision of Alan Harper Composites that reusable “bagging” system is a giant leap towards the elimination of single use consumable vacuum bags and thus an environmental plus.
ECS sincerely appreciates the consideration and support from Mr. Athappan Sundaram (M.D.) and Mr. Kannappan (Development Engineer) to adopt this technology and for sharing the case study.